Saturday, February 20, 2010

Layette

I have been busy sewing for my sister, Linda. She requested that I make a Layette for her new grandaughter. "Baby" is due in May.
I made the slip, diaper cover, white dress. I also made a short jacket, bonnet, booties and lilac dress with diaper cover. Linda will be receiving the items by sail mail to complete the embroidery on some of the items.
The Simplicity pattern is a reissued Vintage 1948 layette. Pattern # 2629,  was so easy to sew. Of course I do have my new Singer Confidence 7469Q. And I love it!
 I enjoy looking for buttons, I have to restock my collection. My friend Debbie had borrowed my Jar of buttons, while she was embroidering tea towels. She passed away 1 year ago and we can't find the button jar anywhere..."Debbie where did you put it?".
Cooper, my grandson, will be here in March. Tara and Ted are hoping to move back to California. Jobs are hard to find here.
I have found a wonderful resource for diaper fabrichttp://www.dharmatrading.com/html/.  I want to make some of the baby diapers. I have to get a little bit of the fabrics and try my hand at making them. I think they are better for babies, and they are Earth-friendly. I want to make up some for my niece.

No comments:

Post a Comment